How to complete the Transport Canada RPAS Recency Requirements
Transport Canada requires Basic and Advanced RPAS pilot certificate holders to receive recurrent training within every 24-months to maintain a valid remote pilot certificate under CAR 901.65. To satisfy this requirement, please follow the instructions below.
Check your RPAS Pilot certificate:
RPAS Recency study program:
- All RPAS pilots who fall under the requirements of CAR 901 should be able to answer General aviation questions 1-15
- If you are an RPAS Basic pilot certificate holder, you will need to answer questions 16-21
- If you are an RPAS Advanced pilot certificate holder, you will need to answer questions 16-26
To complete the recency requirements:
- Click here for the Transport Canada Recency study page
- Use the AIM, ICAO, and CAR documentation below for reference to for each question.
- Fill in answers to the questions relevant to your certificate.
- Fill in your name and the date at the bottom of the page.
- Print the completed page and keep the documents with your RPAS Pilot Certificate.
To answer the questions, you can refer to the following documentations:
- TC Aeronautical Information Manual AIM: https://tc.canada.ca/en/aviation/publications/transport-canada-aeronautical-information-manual-tc-aim-tp-14371
- AIP Canada (ICAO): https://www.navcanada.ca/EN/products-and-services/Pages/AIP-current.aspx
- Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARS): http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-96-433/FullText.html
Transport Canada requires RPAS operators to have the following documentation readily accessible when flying CARS 901.66:
- Your pilot certificate
- Documentation of meeting recency requirements