NAV Drone RPAS Authorization App
NAV Drone is NAV Canada's new drone flight authorization application launching on June 2, 2021. Available on Google Play and Apple's App Store, this new mobile application will replace the online RPAS Flight Authorization request form.
Within the NAV Drone app, users can:
- Plan and schedule drone flights
- Review aeronautical information
- Request flight authorization in controlled airspace
The current online RPAS Flight Authorization request form is being phased out and will not longer be available as of June 8, 2021. All RPAS requested must be made from the NAV Drone app after June, 9, 2021.
So what does all this mean?
- RPAS operators will have a streamlined way to request flight authorizations and review airspace information all from one convenient app
- We are moving in the footsteps of the US FAA Part 107 drone program which we hope to see instant authorization capabilities like the LAANC (Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability)