What you need to know about the DJI Zenmuse L1 Lidar system
The DJI Zenmuse L1 Lidar is an official DJI lidar system newly released in mid-October 2020. What sets this lidar apart from existing aftermarket systems is the fully integrated functionality of DJI drones with DJI software applications. The L1 is currently compatible with the new DJI Matrice 300 series drone, making it the ultimate all-in-one solution for surveying, mapping, and inspections.
The DJI L1 integrates the Livox lidar sensor, high-accuracy IMU, with a 20 megapixel, 1” mechanical sensor (the same sensor as the P4RTK -- an excellent camera for photogrammetry application) stabilized on the Zenmuse 3 axis gimbal. The L1 can also be used to create real-time terrain awareness flight paths.
DJI lidar specs
- The Livox sensor has a max capable range of up to 450 meters
- 10 cm horizontal accuracy rating at a flight height of 50 meters
- Up to 3 returns for optimal vegetation penetration (adjustable in DJI Pilot app)
- Up to 240,000 points per second single return, 480,000 pts for dual
- 70° Scanning FOV
- IP44 rating for protection against water splashed from all directions. This is a major differentiator from other systems.
- Skyport enables mounting Zenmuse L1 directly to the M300
- DJI Pilot app for mission planning and real-time lidar data preview
- DJI Terra V2.4 software for post processing lidar to generate point cloud products
Check out our initial tests and data sets from the DJI L1 here, watch the workflow webinar below!