The forestry industry presents a myriad of challenges for organizations operating within. This has resulted in major enterprises seeking out innovative and efficient ways to monitor, inspect and improve safety of their operations. Many have realized major benefits from the adoption and implementation of recent improvements in UAV technology and the changing government regulations to accommodate.
The sheer size of natural forestry land makes projects extremely labour intensive resulting in time-consuming, tedious and often dangerous tasks for crew. Furthermore, manually estimations are prone to inaccuracies that compound into large expenses that ultimately impact the bottomline.
Challenges facing the forestry industry:
- Inaccessibly land and terrain: danger to crew.
- Sampling estimates: inaccurate data.
- Vast plot sizes: labour and time intensive to inspect and monitor.
Drone and sensor technologies are being implemented by organizations today to mitigate these challenges, but most importantly make accurate data driven analysis and decisions.
- Operators are able to efficiently assess acreages of remote forestry land from a single vantage point: drastically reducing the need for labor and time consumed from traditional methods.
- LiDAR and imaging sensors accurately reproduce the forestry environment in 3D formats such as: photogrammetry and point-cloud.
- Powerful analytical software can: extract metrics such as tree heights, diameter, volume, and counts.
- Technology enables repeatability and automation which allows for: active monitoring, precision and up-to-date data.
Our team has found successes working with industry professionals, using DJI Matrice 600 drones and Green Valley S200 LiDAR sensors.
- DJI Matrice 600
- DJI Matrice 200 V2
- Green Valley LiAir S220
- Green Valley LiAir S250
- Green Valley LiAir-V
- DJI Zenmuse X7 Camera
- DJI Zenmuse Z30
Ready to innovate?
Contact us now